Monday, December 01, 2014

Socks vs. Boots

These are my wonderfully-thick socks that DO stay up in my boots.

Sometimes, when I wear big boots, my socks fall down. I used to think this was because I had made an error in sizing, but after some experimentation, I've found that even well-fitting socks can fall down in boots. There appear to be a few reasons for this:

1) If the socks aren't very thick and the boots are just a little big, the boots will simply pull your socks down. 

2) Socks that are the same height on the leg (or a little higher) than the top of the boot stay up better, but they're still no match for the boots if problem #1 is present. 

So, when in doubt, wear thick socks with your heavy boots!


Pattern: Kind of a plain-jane pattern of my own, using the heel shape from my Checked and Square Socks.

No comments: