Monday, August 10, 2015

Herb-Infused Oil, Step 1



I'm  not making soap or candles (but I know better to declare that I NEVER will, because that's exactly how I got into spinning, by saying that over and over.)

But, I'm really enjoying exploring the rest of Beeswax Alchemy. I'm trying out making infused oil, which I can then turn into a salve just by melting it with a bit of beeswax.

Petra's recipe for "all-purpose" salve for cuts and scrapes looks great! I'm leaving out the plantain leaf. Since I'm allergic to bananas and plantains are basically bananas, I just think it's better safe than sorry. So, I'm packing equal amounts of calendula blossoms, lavender blossoms, comfrey leaves and chickweed leaves into a jar. I'm going to cover them with an equal mix of olive oil and grape seed oil and then wait/watch for a few weeks.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: