Monday, August 17, 2015

The Window Solution

Guest appearance by sleeping Boomer.

Let's say you want to set up a semi-permanent photo studio in your basement that has wonderfully-awesome windows. Now, windows are fantastic in a basement. I love them! But, if you want consistent results on your color balance/light levels, you've got to be able to block out light from said windows. Otherwise, you can only shoot at night, and where's the fun in that?

The solution: big ol' pieces of cardboard, custom-cut (sort of) to block off the windows.

Annoyed by my cardboard cutting, Boomer abandoned me.

Because NOTHING lets the neighbors know that you're normal and everything's fine like covering your windows with cardboard, I left mine removable. I pop them in when I need them and stash them under the futon when I don't need them. Spiderweb removal is a gross, but unavoidable simultaneous task.

No comments: